Monthly payments to purchase a domain, AKA financing, is definitely possible for all domains. Many people cannot purchase the domain outright, therefore, we are happy to give you the option to finance the domain.
A few things to note
- You must request the financing option by contacting us. See the steps below.
- Payments and domain transfer go through Epik. (registrar)
- At any point during your monthly payments, you can pay the balance to purchase the domain.
- If you decide you do not want the domain anymore, simply do not pay the next month’s payment.
- You have a 5 day grace period to submit the month’s financing payment. After that, the domain is available for anyone to purchase or lease.
- You will not receive any refunds for any months that you have already financed.
- Interest is added to the domain purchase price when financing. See the interest rate below.
- You have the ability to use the domain while financing it, but we own it until the final payment is made.
- After final payment, the domain is immediately moved to your account. You own it.
What is the interest rate?
We add 0% interest to any domain purchases setup through financing.
That’s right, there is no interest added to our domains for financing. Simply ask for monthly financing and give us the number of months that you’d like to pay.
Example: $70 per month for 6 months = $420 total payment)
How does this work?
- Contact us with the domain name, purchase amount, and the number of months that you’d like to setup payments.
- We will change the lease option to a financing option and will let you know when that is complete. (The button turns from Red to Blue. See the examples below.) We will also confirm the monthly payments in that email.
- After we contact you, go to the purchase page and click on the blue financing button. (Other people will see the option to finance it, so we do not suggest waiting long to begin.)
- Follow the steps to begin monthly payments.
- Contact us with any questions.
Lease & Financing Examples
Leasing screenshot (renting the domain with the option to buy at full price later on):
Financing screenshot (monthly payments to buy the domain):
The above images will help you determine whether we have changed the leasing option to financing. Note the change in text under the blue button (from “+ option to buy” to “own in XX months.”)
Feel free to contact us with any questions. Do not worry, we expect questions. (Please submit questions in English.)