Pediatric poisoning from cannabis edibles at home—for a lot of parents, it’s a nightmare scenario.

On July 16, a group at a barbecue at a house in Victoria, B.C. noticed that some of their children were acting strangely. When they questioned them, the kids admitted they had found candy in a room in the house and had gobbled it down without asking for permission first. 

They rushed five children under the age of 10 to the hospital, who were observed and deemed okay to be released that day. They also called the police.

“The use of cannabis products is permitted under provincial and federal law in Canada,” Victoria Police advised in a press release.

“However, given the close resemblance of some products to non-cannabis products, officers are…

To continue reading, visit the original article at