Leasing, or renting, a domain is possible. Perhaps you are undecided on the name or you need a domain name for a short period of time. Well, leasing it provides a great alternative.
A few things to note
- Financing a domain to purchase it with monthly payments is possible. Click here for details. This is separate from leasing.
- Payments and domain leasing are utilized through Epik (registrar)
- At any point during your monthly payments, you have the option to purchase the domain at the full price.
- If you decide you do not want the domain anymore, simply do not pay the next month’s payment.
- You have a 5 day grace period to submit the month’s lease payment. After that, the domain is available for anyone to purchase or lease and the price is no longer locked. It may go up.
- You will not receive any refunds for any months that you have already leased.
- You have the ability to use the domain while leasing it.
- You agree not to abuse the domain (black-list), provide illegal content through the domain, or send out spam emails.
How does this work?
- Find the domain you are interested in. There will be two buttons available, a Buy Now and a Start a Payment Plan button. The blue button is the one you should be clicking to lease the domain. (You will see “+ option to buy…”)
- Review the terms, agree to them, and begin monthly payments.
- Contact us with any questions.
Lease & Financing Examples
Leasing screenshot (renting the domain with the option to buy at full price later on):
Financing screenshot (monthly payments to buy the domain):
Feel free to contact us with any questions. Do not worry, we expect questions. (Please submit questions in English.)